Earth Observation satellites are creating data volumes on the order of petabytes. Cloud-based analysis platforms that bring compute to the data are being implemented to deliver services across multiple sectors such as marine, agriculture and environment.
Parameter Space is currently developing a prototype Platform as a Service (PaaS) to facilitate the exploitation of Earth Observation satellite and in-situ data for a broad user-base and range of applications. Further information can be found on our website.
A lead software engineer with at least 3 years’ experience is required to lead design and engineering efforts within Parameter Space, to be based in Dublin.
- Lead the design of Parameter Space analysis platforms
- Lead platform development and integration
- Lead engineering team
- Deploy and maintain platform components
- Create clear documentation
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Physics or equivalent.
- Strong system architecture and engineering experience (Linux), including designing and developing systems hosted within one or more major cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS); web servers, authentication systems, virtual routers and firewalls.
- Demonstrable experience working with distributed storage and tools for processing, querying, and analyzing very large data sets.
- Advanced understanding of modern infrastructure design and operations.
- Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Virtualization (e.g. Docker)
- Advanced Python.
- Version control (e.g. Git), software defect tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Web application technologies
- Good knowledge of build systems/orchestrators e.g. Jenkins
- Software development lifecycle experience (AGILE)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with developers and non-technical groups comfortably.
- Other programming languages (e.g. Java)
- Distributed processing frameworks
- Continuous Integration concepts
Applications (CV and cover letter) accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.